Some traffic offenses are more serious than others. Indeed, it is very strongly advised to call on a lawyer such as in Law Offices of Brandon White, P.C. for instance in the following cases:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Driving under the influence of narcotics
- Speeding more than 40km/h over the limit.
- Drunk driving and procedural defect
Being checked with a blood alcohol level of less than 0.8g/L of blood exposes you to a fixed fine of 135 euros and a deduction of 6 points from your driving license. The increased fine is 375 euros; if it is reduced, the amount will drop and will be 90 euros, for example. If the measured rate exceeds 0.8g/L of blood, this offense becomes a criminal offense, and you will be summoned to court to be tried. The penalties incurred may result in the suspension or even cancellation of your driving license, depending on the situation.
If you are in this case, calling on a specialized lawyer will allow you to initiate an appeal with the prefect of your department or region to delay the administrative suspension of your license.
Your attorney such as a traffic lawyer or phoenix credit card fraud lawyer for example can also raise procedural flaws during the court hearing. Here are some examples:
- The non-compliance with the breathalyzer used
- A defect in the quality of the agent who carried out the control
- Failure to respect the waiting period between the arrest and the breathalyzer (30 minutes)
- The lack of notification to the driver of his rights and the alcohol level measured
- The absence of analysis of the second sample in the case of a blood test
- Failure to take into account the margin of error in the minutes
- The absence of a second officer during the check
- If the breathalyzer approval number is not noted
Be aware that alcohol control is well-regulated and defined by law. Indeed, it can only be carried out by the police in the following cases:
- Following an accident
- In case of presumption of alcohol consumption
- The law nevertheless allows for a blood alcohol test without a prior offense.
Lawyer And Speeding
If you are flashed by an automatic speed camera or the police while you are speeding, the penalties incurred depend on the recorded speed. If you are arrested for speeding less than 50km/h above the maximum authorized speed, you will be obliged to pay a fine and have points deducted from your driving license. You are committing an offense if your speed is more than 50km/h above the speed limit. This offense is called “extreme speeding.” You put your driver’s license at stake for this kind of facts. In this case, it is necessary to contact a specialist lawyer to ensure your defense and give you a chance to reduce your sentence.